Zoho Turns to Go Daddy to Offer Domain Registration
Zoho offers quick and easy domain registration, integrated into Zoho Mail
- Domains may be registered before or after users start working with Zoho apps
- Highlights include auto-renewal, free email hosting, unlimited aliases, and more
PLEASANTON, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zoho today announced that it is adding a domain registration module to Zoho Mail, powered by GoDaddy.com. Available directly at https://domains.zoho.com/biz/domain.do, the Zoho Domains module lets users quickly and easily register their domains and host their businesses online in Zoho Business.
"Go Daddy gives our users a smooth, integrated workflow," said
Raju Vegesna, Zoho evangelist.
"Now, Zoho users can go right from registering their domain to using our apps online on their custom domain. Or if they haven't decided on a domain name, they can start using Zoho Apps and then register their domain later. Either way, we want to offer a flexible, end-to-end, one-stop solution to run their business online. Zoho Domains is not a separate Zoho application. It is a module within Zoho Business."
Detailing Zoho Domains
Zoho Domains is a feature of Zoho Business, available through the "domains" tab on the control panel. Users can also access the feature directly at domains.zoho.com. Once a domain is registered, all Zoho Business features are immediately available to the user. Of course, Zoho users can still use Zoho Business applications to work online, without their own domain or with an existing domain. Highlights of Zoho Domains include:
- Domain registration – Users can buy domains with .com, .org, .net, .biz, .info, and .us extensions. Each domain is $10, with no limit to the number of domains registered and hosted in Zoho Business. Multiple domains can be registered and assigned to a single organization.
- Automatic registration renewal – Users have the option of automatically paying re-registration fees with Zoho's auto-renewal feature.
- Automatic sub-domain creation – Zoho automatically creates sub-domains for Zoho Writer, Zoho Sheet, Zoho Show, Zoho Calendar, Zoho Mail, and Zoho Business. Users may create additional sub-domains.
- Free email hosting – For businesses, Zoho provides free email hosting for the first three users. The new domain is automatically configured to work with Zoho mail servers, so users can send and receive email via the new domain within minutes of registration through Zoho Mail.
- Unlimited email aliases – Zoho supports unlimited aliases for each of the first three email accounts, at no extra charge. If a user has multiple domains registered, email aliases can be created for any of those domains.
- Complete administrative control – Users have complete control over their DNS control panel through Go Daddy, so they can change mail records, name servers, A Records, and other details. Full login credentials are provided to make changes.
- Protected registration details – Users can select the "private registration" option while purchasing a domain to keep their name, contact details and other registration information hidden from public view.
"Go Daddy has a passion to help small to medium businesses, quickly and easily, just like Zoho," said Go Daddy Vice President of Business Development, Yong Lee. "Zoho customers now have the option to run Zoho applications on personalized domain names using Go Daddy. This provides customers the unique identity needed to thrive online with the full set of applications Zoho provides."
For more information on Zoho, please visit www.zoho.com and watch "What is Zoho?" To get breaking Zoho news, visit and subscribe to the RSS feed at https://blogs.zoho.com, and follow the company on Twitter at @zoho.
Additional Zoho Resources
Zoho news releases: https://www.zoho.com/in-the-news.html
Zoho videos: http://youtube.com/zoho
Zoho blogs: http://blogs.zoho.com
Zoho on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/zoho
Zoho on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zoho
Zoho is a comprehensive suite of online productivity, collaboration and business applications for businesses of all sizes. Over 15 million users rely on Zoho apps. Zoho's productivity and collaboration applications include Email Hosting, Document Management, Office Suite, Project Management and more alongside a host of business applications ranging from CRM and Campaign Management to Customer Support, Accounting and more. These applications are offered directly via Zoho.com or through hundreds of partners in the Zoho Alliance Partner Program. For more information about Zoho, please visit https://www.zoho.com/.
Zoho is a division of Zoho Corporation, a privately-held and profitable company. With U.S. headquarters in Pleasanton, CA and offices in Austin, Chennai, London, Tokyo and Beijing, Zoho Corporation serves the technology needs of millions of customers worldwide. For more information about Zoho Corporation, please visit http://www.zohocorp.com. All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For more information on Zoho, visit https://www.zoho.com. To get breaking news from Zoho, follow the company on Twitter at @zoho and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/zoho. The latest news about Zoho products is available on the company blog, http://blogs.zoho.com.
All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.